4.21.2009

The Wife Knows About Me

I sent Charles a text last night (not the first time I've sent one in the evening) and his wife saw it. I got a call last night from a number I didn't know. I never answer local numbers that I don't recognize. I figure if it's someone I know calling from a new or different number they'll leave a message and I'll call them back. No message was left. The first three digits were the same as his and I instantly thought it was her. I went on to bed and thought nothing of it. The calls started again this morning...6 total. They came way too early in the morning for me to even be thinking about answering the phone so again she was out of luck. In the midst of the phone calls from her, I received a text from Charles that said, "She has your #. Don't answer (her number) or mine." I hadn't planned on it anyway, but okay. Then I get a voicemail. Apparently, one of the calls had been from him. He confirms what I suspected...she saw the text. He went on to say that things are unstable with him and it best that we don't talk*. Okaaaay....

Since then, I've received 2 calls from her job. I didn't answer those either. I'm not sure how to feel about this. I'm not mad. I do wonder why a person who is cheating would leave their phone somewhere where their spouse would see it, but then again I was technically not supposed to be texting him at night (Even though, like I said I have in the past.). It does make me wonder if he might have left it out on purpose, even subconsciously. I may never know. I was sad when I heard his voicemail. I fought back the tears and didn't cry though. Things were never supposed to go this way. I was not supposed to have any feelings for him, but I do.

I'm sure some of you are wondering how I feel about the wife. I don't feel anything. I am a true believer that a person cheats after there are already problems in the marriage. If a marriage falls apart, then the cheating is a symptom, not a cause. Charles and his wife had problems before I came in the picture and even if I never see him again, they will continue to have problems. I do think that it is stupid for her to be calling me. Her issue is not with me, it's with him. Nothing she could say to me will change what's going on with them. So, she can call all she wants. I won't answer. And, if by chance I accidentally do one day, I will let her know that she needs to take up her argument with Charles, not me. I don't do drama...never have and I will not be starting today.

*I later learned that his wife had insisted that he call and leave me a message.

2 comments:

Sexie Sadie~ said...

Well... good luck, honey. Yep, stay away from the phone and let the two of them work it out. Who knows what he was thinking leaving his phone out.

Take care,
xo~Sadie

Sunshine K said...

Thanks Sadie...I've blocked her numbers so at least now the phone has stopped ringing. He IMed a little while ago and there is more to the story. I think I'm going to just relax today. I'll update the blog tomorrow.