5.24.2009

Letting go

I was talking to Melanie about Charles yesterday. I told her that I was through. I sent him an email earlier in the week telling him that I only expected one thing from him...to hear from him EVERY day, even if it's just a hello. He assured me that I was not asking for much and that he could handle that. Later in the week, he told me that his in-laws would be in town and that he would be able to get out over the weekend. I told him that I would be out Friday and Saturday. Based our past, I was not about to make any plans with him. So, I just told him to text or call if he was out and maybe we could hook up. Melanie has been asking every day since Friday if I've heard from him. No, I have not. It hit me yesterday that even if I just made him a fuck buddy or FWB, I wouldn't be able to get in touch with him when I needed some dick. Really, what's the use in trying to maintain this relationship? I don't see one, so I'm finished trying. If he calls and wants to hang out or have sex or whatever, I will if I'm not already busy. But, I'm through trying to be his girlfriend.

No comments: