10.10.2008

When Did You Become a Girl?

That may seem a strange question when you consider that I am female, have always been female and have no plans to not be female in the future. The question was asked by a male friend whom I've known for over two decades. It stemmed from me saying that I want to spend more time with my FWB (friend with benefits); that I wanted to go out for drinks once in a while and cuddle after sex. Now, that may sound like a perfectly normal request from someone of the female persuasion and it is. The reason it so shocked my friend was because I have always been a "hit it and go" kinda girl. I have been told on more than one occasion that I think like a guy. I see someone I think might be a good fuck, I fuck him or her, end of story. There really is no need for emotion for me. Thus, when I said to my friend (whom, if you haven't figured it out yet is the FWB) that I wanted to go out sometime and do something other than show up at his door, strip, fuck, and leave, he looked at me and asked, "When did you become a girl?" It floored me. I'm not sure if I've "become a girl" or if I'm developing some kind of feelings for my FWB beyond friendship or if I was just frustrated that day. I had been having problems with my husband that week. (Yes, I'm married. But we'll get to that another day.) My answer to him was that "I am a girl. I have always been a girl and on rare occasions I would like to be treated like a girl."

So, I start this blog today to sort out my girlness and my boyness and to just talk about life in general, like having a virtual therapist.

No comments: