10.16.2008

Mistaken 'Easy' Identity

When my teenage daughter and I are out together we are often mistaken for sisters. This happened a little while ago when we ventured out to view a local college she's interested in attending. My daughter approached one of the faculty members and when asked where her mother was she pointing across to the lady talking on her cell...me. When I finished my call and approached them, he asked, "You're really her mother? I thought you were her friend or maybe an older sister." I thanked him and assured him that I was indeed her mother. He proceeded to give us information about his department. We thanked him and moved on with our tour. However, that would not be the end of my encounters with College Guy. We finished our tour and headed to lunch only to run into...you guessed it, College Guy. He made a point of speaking to me and asking if I was being treated well. Then, after we finished eating and I was waiting on my daughter, College Guy appeared again. He had coincidentally finished eating at the same time. Once again, he made a point of making random chit chat.

Later that evening I was relaying these events to my cousin who has been struggling in the man department lately. She commented that I walk into a room and get hit on by a man and she can't get on to just call her back. I answered her by saying that I think I have an invisible sign on my back that says "EASY" and that's why men approach me. I kinda believe this. I think there is an air about me that gives the impression that I'll go there (wherever there may be).

So...the question now is do I dig out College Guy's business card and send him an email. Decisions, decisions

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

might as well...

Sunshine K said...

My only hesitation is that Husband has not made a final decision about opening the marriage. I'm really just waiting on him to give the word.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

just do it babw wish u had my card
Nice spot u have here, hope u don’t mind the drive by, do chk me out one day

rawdawgbuffalo and if u like what u read, maybe u will come back, even Blog Roll Me