10.20.2008

Stalling?

Jay informed me that he was considering my request for an open marriage about 2 weeks ago. Since then, he's asked a lot of questions and I've given a lot of answers. He's said that he is leaning toward the idea - just trying to work it out in his head - and that I need to be patient. He'll let me know when he gets there. Personally, I feel like we've covered all of the questions, some more than once. That doesn't mean that there won't be more, but I truly believe that they would be situational, meaning a particular thing happens and we need to contemplate all of the angles.

Honestly, I feel like Jay is stalling at this point. We've been semi-open for as long as we've known each other. He has always been able to be with other women. I have always been able to be with women. We have had threesomes, one foursome, and I've had oral encounters with men while he was in the next room. He allowed me to have sex with my Reginald, my FWB earlier this year. We've even had a polyamorous FMF relationship. The only thing he's really considering is whether or not he's ok with me seeing other men regularly. I know that he has his fears - fears I'll fall in love (possible, but also possible with a woman), fears I'll leave him (I might leave, but never for or because of someone else), fears I'll do things with the other man that I won't do with him (I'll do anything with Jay; however, it is possible that I'll enjoy something more with someone else). He wants to know NOTHING about the other men. He doesn't want to know their names, what we do, where we go, etc. which makes it even harder to understand his hesitance.

Anyway, at this point, I'm starting to wonder if it's just a ploy. I feel like he's just trying to wait things out to see if he can wear me down or change my mind. It's not going to change. I know what I want. I know how unhappy I was when he changed his mind about me seeing Reginald and I know how much I want this. So, I'm being patient. I'm letting him sort out his feelings and come to his own conclusion. I just wish he'd hurry up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been reading back through your blogs and I to want to have an open marriage but my wife wouldn't hear of it we don't have sex very often but when we do its really good,I love to go down on her and give as many orgasms as she can handle but now she is going through menopause its all changed but I still can't have sex elsewhere maybe we can correspond