3.11.2009

Relief

Jay got some news from the doctor today. It wasn't good news, but it wasn't horrible either. It did, however, explain a lot. I have not asked Jay if I could reveal it her, so I won't. For now, let's just say I was floored. Two days ago, I was ready to walk out the door. Now, I could never do that.

I keep thinking about the episode of Grey's Anatomy (I think) where the husband was an ass and the wife was leaving him only to discover that he had a tumor and once they removed the tumor he would go back to normal. She felt so bad because it wasn't his fault. Well, that's me. No, Jay doesn't have a tumor but it's the same situation. His actions have not been his fault and I feel bad that I even thought about leaving him. But, I am also relieved. My husband is not an ass. I have been saying for the longest time that he is a different person from the man I married. Now, I know that he really is a different person but it is not his fault and that he can go back to being that wonderful guy I met 13 years ago. And, for that I'm happy.

No comments: